Banana and Pecan Muffins
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 extra large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare muffin tins. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl. Set aside.
2. With the electric mixer, cream the vegetable oil and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until fluffy. Mix in the banana.
3. Add the pecan nuts. With the mixer on low speed, beat with the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full. Bake the muffins until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
5. Let the muffins cool in the cups on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
6. Leave it cool for another 10 minutes before serving.