3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup golden/light corn syrup
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoon butter,melted
1 1/4 cups chopped pecan nuts
1/3 cup pecan nut halves
For the pastry
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, diced
1 egg yolk
3-4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1. To make the pastry, sift together the flour, super fine sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub in using your fingertips or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Blend egg yolk and whipping cream, and stir into the flour mixture.
3. Form the pastry into a ball, then roll out and use to line a 23 cm/9 in pie dish. Trim and flute the edge neatly and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat a baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
Lightly whisk the eggs and salt. Mix in the sugar,syrup,lemon juice and butter. Stir in the chopped pecan nuts.
5. Pour into the pastry case and arrange the pecan halves in concentric circles top.
6. Bake on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 160 degrees C/ 325 degrees F and bake for 25 minutes more.
1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into tiny cubes at room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup water
5 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a bowl of a stand mixer, place egg whites with cream of tartar and 1/4 cup of sugar nearby.
2. Heat 1 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Heat over high medium heat until sugar is dissolved
3. Meanwhile, whip the whites at high speed until soft peaks from approximately 5 minutes. When the egg whites are frothy, add the cream of tartar. Gradually add the 1/4 cup remaining sugar.
4.When the sugar reaches 240 degrees F, with the motor running, pour it into the egg whites, very slowly, in a thin stream, to avoid cooking the eggs. Raise the speed to high, and continue to whip the mixture has cooled to room temperature between 10-15 minutes.
5. Stopping the motor between additions, add the butter one lump at a time and continue beating until mixture smooth and fluffy, approximately 12-20 minutes.
Note: It will look like ricotta cheese for a while..just keep beating.
6. Once it is smooth, stir in flavorings if desired.
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
1.Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2.Combine sugar, peanut butter, shortening,milk, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg just until blended.
3. Combine flour and baking soda .Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes or until just beginning to brown and set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to foil.
* Dip fork in flour, flatten dough slightly in crisscross pattern.
Enjoy and have fun baking!
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup butter
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp red food coloring ( 1 ounce)
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the 3x91/2 inch round cake pan.
2.In a large bowl sift together the dry ingredients and in another large bowl whisk together all the liquid ingredients using hand or stand mixer about 1 to 2 minutes till incorporated.
3.Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients about 1 minute or till just combined. Don't over beat.
4. Divide the cake pans.Place the pans in the oven spaced apart and bake it for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle pulls clean.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and put on the cooling rack for 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour, then run a knife around the side of the pan and invert the cake unto the plate and cool completely.
Enjoy and have fun!
16 ounces cream cheese
8 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1.Put the cream cheese and butter in a bowl of a stand or hand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and paddle at medium speed until creamy, approximately 20-30 seconds.
2. While the motor is running, pour in the vanilla, and sugar a little at a time about a minute after the last addition.
3.Use right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up 2 days.
4.If you will use it to decorate a cake, refrigerate first for about 1-2 hours so you can get the consistency that you want.