Pages

24.11.10

chocolate cake

My niece birthday is approaching and our gift is her favorite chocolate cake. But the night before her birthday, I started making my sugar flowers and let it set overnight and be ready on the following day. She also loves strawberry so I decided to surprise her cake with a strawberry in it. It was my first time to put fruits in a cake so I don't have any idea what will happen nor I don't have any idea how thin or thick should I slice the strawberries. I decided to slice the strawberry in half and put the strawberries on top of my chocolate fudge filling before putting the second layer and ice the entire cake. After decorating the  cake, it looked good at first but after few minutes, I noticed that the right side of the cake started to fall off. I was disappointed and worried but i don't have time to do it again, we need to go out that day and have lunch with the rest of the family. I was very disappointed of what I did. My husband said,  maybe you need to slice the strawberries a little thinner. Oh well, I said, I can't do anything about it anymore. So I decided to let the falling part of the cake face on the wall so when she gets in the house she won't noticed it. The plan was very successful because when she blew the lighted candle, she then said...oh my God, I blew so hard that made the cake fell off...It was so funny and everything just went alright.

Here's my recipe for most of my chocolate cake that I bake.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups brewed coffee
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups butter
2 large lightly beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
In a large bowl, pour the brewed coffee and stir the sugar and butter until melted.
Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa,baking soda, baking powder and salt. add to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly. Pour into a greased and floured 15 inches x 10 inches x 1 inches baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment