Pages

2.12.10

Red Velvet cake

The beauty of Autumn just left and the white snow flakes that almost covered the ground just came. I made this cake for my co-workers few months ago and this is my second attempt of decorating my  cake using fondant. It was fun, I was happy with the outcome.  Red velvet cake is one of my favorite cake. My first piece of red velvet cake was during our wedding here in the States, which was made by my hubbys' best friend. From that day on....red velvet become my favorite especially with cream cheese frosting...hmmmmmmm....hmmmmm..hmmmmm.



Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup butter
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp red food coloring ( 1 ounce)
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the 3x91/2 inch round cake pan.
2.In a large bowl sift together the dry ingredients and in another large bowl whisk together all the liquid ingredients using hand or stand mixer about 1 to 2 minutes till incorporated.
3.Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients about 1 minute or till just combined. Don't over beat.
4. Divide the cake pans.Place the pans in the oven spaced apart and bake it for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the middle pulls clean.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and put on the cooling rack for 30 minutes, preferably 1 hour, then run a knife around the side of the  pan and invert the cake unto the plate and cool completely.

Enjoy and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment