Last night, we attended a Filipino-American Christmas party.As usual we have to bring a dish to share so I decided to make this tiny steamed dough and we called this "Puto Cheese" in my native tongue. Someone asked me last night why this is so little...I responded to her, it's because I made a Filipino size and she laughed. Each piece of my puto cheese is good for 2 bites for petite people.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 cup whole milk (room temperature)
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 tsp. vanilla
cheese (cube or shredded)
food color (as you desired)
1. Put your steamer with 3/4 full of water on the stove and let it start boiling.
2. Sift all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
3. Put all the liquid ingredients together in a another bowl.
4. Beat the dry ingredients using the stand mixer and then, add the liquid ingredients one at a time until all the ingredients is being incorporated.Add food color (as you desire)
5. Pour the butter on the prepared muffin pans or plastic puto cheese molds and put cube or shredded cheese on the middle top of the butter and steamed it for about 8 to 10 minutes.