3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup golden/light corn syrup
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoon butter,melted
1 1/4 cups chopped pecan nuts
1/3 cup pecan nut halves
For the pastry
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, diced
1 egg yolk
3-4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1. To make the pastry, sift together the flour, super fine sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub in using your fingertips or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Blend egg yolk and whipping cream, and stir into the flour mixture.
3. Form the pastry into a ball, then roll out and use to line a 23 cm/9 in pie dish. Trim and flute the edge neatly and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat a baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
Lightly whisk the eggs and salt. Mix in the sugar,syrup,lemon juice and butter. Stir in the chopped pecan nuts.
5. Pour into the pastry case and arrange the pecan halves in concentric circles top.
6. Bake on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 160 degrees C/ 325 degrees F and bake for 25 minutes more.