Pages

9.12.10

Chocolate Ganache

                                                                                                                                                             
   I baked and decorated this cake for my friends' birthday. My hubby and friend loved the simplicity of its decoration  and above all they loved the taste and texture of the cake . By the way, I was using my chocolate cake recipe you can find on this site. I was glad that I was thinking out of the box that day.
 This ganache can be used in two ways, as a filling or poured over the cake. To use as filling, refrigerate it first at least 1-2 hours, if possible more than that. What I did on this cake was, I spread the ganache over the cake using a spatula  and put a portion in a pastry bag enough to use for decorating my cake border.
                                                                                             



Ingredients:                                                         

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces semi-chocolate chips
2 tablespoon light corn syrup




Directions:

1. Cook the heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips in the top of a double broiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.

2. Remove from the heat and stir in the corn syrup.

3. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour. If using for filling, soften until pourable in a double boiler over medium heat.


Enjoy and Have Fun Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment